Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr and the lists goes on and on. What would I do without my social media outlets? I know myself that I can’t go without a day without checking my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts my 3 main staples for journalism. Well that is journalism according to me ,which is sharing things from photos to videos on all types of topics.
I could tell you the history of social media, and how each of the types of social media outlets became so popular and addictive today. But I’m going to go through how having Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and etc. can enhance your business to grow. For those old and outdated people who want to know a simple and quick explanation of social media gives this video a look:
Effects of Social Media on “Wall Street”
Lets discuss about Social Media and business. This is what intrigued me the most. I’ll list some ways that social media can really boost your company towards bigger and better goals.
- Social Media offers employers the chance to find potential employees, with LinkedIn and Facebook being a great opportunity for employers to advertise jobs.
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to name a few allows you to share photos, videos and musical easily with your customers/fans
- A lot of people already know this-employers can use social media outlets to weed out the applicants before even having a formal background check.
- Social media can raise brand awareness
- Companies can use social media to broadcast news, special offers and competitions
- Most of all free and easy advertisements that can really be used to target a specific demographic
Take the following suggestions when trying to incorporate social media into your business:
There are hundreds of Social Media platforms which should I choose from?
I recommend using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and perhaps a blogging site such as WordPress. All these options are not only free but can be used for many reasons. All these platforms allow you to advertise anything, share multimedia ultimately allowing your consumers to share and comment on the content. LinkedIn is fantastic for networking and building relationships, since everyone says “You have to know somebody these days.” In the end when choosing which platforms, focus your TIME on what fits best for your business. For great articles Forbes offers online articles about social media in the business world